Saturday, July 9, 2011

Recurrent Dreams

Gosh I haven't written anything in ages! And the fact that I can post stuff on this blog from my iPhone doesn't seem to help me post more regularly. Oh well, here I go again.

Just read Coelho's The Alchemist and I thoroughly enjoyed it :D the plot, characters and message in the story is absolutely beautiful. Tho it made me think about my life quite a lot. The Alchemist made me think about the believe that everyone is destined for something great and we should really strive for it. Afterall, whatever we truly wish might be destined to happen as long as we dont give it up. Coelho called it a "Personal Legend", which basically is our purpose or goal in life. The main character realised what his Personal Legend was through a dream he had twice while sleeping in an abandoned church.

So okay, I do believe in destiny. There I said it. I do believe that there must be something great planned out for us, something that would make us feel like this life is totally worth it. Something that, once achieved, would bring such peace to one's heart that he can die happy. But the thing that really got me thinking is the part about having the same dream twice. I don't usually believe in these.. superstitious stuff. You know, like some ppl say dreams actually mean something,like they have meanings n messages to convey. Or like astrology and signs can actually map out your personality and luck in life. I don't hate em, I still read stuff about the superstitious just for fun but I never really believe in it.

But the dreams.. I think it's really getting to me. I've had these same dreams for some time now. I dont usually dream at all, go figure, but when I do then I tend to remember the dream even after I wake up. The dream was so real, yet I knew it's impossible. And I kept wishing it's real. I had it like maybe 3 times already? The gap between the dreams is usually 2-3 days... But it's super weird. I never had recurrent dreams before and it's really getting to me. I'm starting to think that it might mean something.. I dunno.. And this one person kept appearing in my dreams. Just last night I had a dream, quite pleasant one in fact, and it's a totally different dream for once but that person was in it. I'm confused. Is this just my mind kept showing the same person I havent seen in a long time? Or does this actually mean something? Does this mean I love / hate this person? Do I have a forgotten trauma or things I need to settle with this person? Or maybe it's the other way round, that this person has some unfinished business with me?

I'm screwed. I can't get this out of my mind. I don't know who can I talk to. I do not want another round of nervous breakdown like in 2009. I need to push this matter out of my mind. But how?

No comments:

Post a Comment